This webinar will be presented by:
Fred Baker: former Chair of the IETF, current co-chair of the IETF IPv6 Operations group, author of over 60 RFCs
Lee Howard: former co-chair of v6ops, former ARIN board member, author of multiple RFCs, multiple patents, an expert in IPv6
Nalini Elkins: startup founder, taught IPv6 and networking to Fortune 500 companies.
Before you can do anything else, you need an IPv6 address range, and you need to plan what you're going to do with it. This one-hour webinar will cover best practices in developing your address plan, and considerations for whether to get addressed from your ISP or your Regional Internet Registry (RIR). Since we will be discussing IPv6 addresses and prefixes, you should already have some familiarity with IPv6 addressing.
• Doing a sample address plan together
• How a good address plan makes security and routing policy easier
• Numbering your LAN segment, SSID, or VLAN
• Numbering for sites, backbone, links
• Remembering your addresses
• Transitioning from IPv4 address plan to IPv6 address plan
• DNS dependence
• RIR vs. ISP (SD-WAN considerations, Provider Independence)